Monday, September 9, 2013

Visa stress and family goodbyes

Yesterday my entire family got together for the last time in what looks to be at least a year. I can't remember the last time all my siblings were together.  Everyone is growing up and going different directions, myself to England, my brother to the Army, another sister to India, and who knows when we'll all be together again. But family is love and specifically the kind of love that doesn't crumble with distance. So looking forward to seeing where life takes us all!


 

So the most recent item on a rather long checklist to consistently keep me up at night is the suspenseful visa wait. There is to be no purchasing of airfare until that blasted visa is safe within my two shaking hands, so as you might imagine, I am a teensy bit antsy. Yet another practice in trust. God certainly likes to follow trends when it comes to teaching me. Or it just takes me forever to learn things, most likely the latter. Either way, please keep myself and this visa process in your prayers. I will continue to haunt the post office doggedly, night and day. 


Postscript: It has been absolutely incredible to be on the receiving end of so much support, all across the board. Thank you thank you to everyone who who is praying, has given, and has provided the most unbelievable encouragement to me. There is nothing like the family of Christ!  

No comments:

Post a Comment